Selected by “Nerd Consultant” Calvin
From “The Hairy Dieters: Good Eating”
Published by Weidenfeld & Nicolson
- Oil, for spraying
- 175g self-raising flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1tsp grated nutmeg
- 75g soft light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas (about 250g), mashed
- 100g butter, melted
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 100g pineapple, finely diced
(Makes one cake with 10-12 slices)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Fan 160C/Gas 4.
- Lightly spray the base and sides of a 2lb loaf tin with oil and line it with baking parchment.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl and mix in the nutmeg and sugar.
- In a smaller bowl, beat the eggs, then add the mashed bananas, melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Add the egg mixture and the diced pineapple to the dry ingredients, then gently fold everything together until you have a pineapple-flecked batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 50-60 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a cooling rack.
Share This Post: