On the first anniversary of Axia ASD Ltd’s Film Society I thought I would write our latest news update for our followers and subscribers.
Over the last year we have seen Axia ASD Ltd grow, develop and evolve into the creative, innovative service that we are today. As well as our primary service, that of diagnosing adults and children with neurodevelopmental disorders such as Autism Spectrum Disorder, Dyspraxia/Developmental Coordination Difficulties and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, I am thrilled to be a part of a team that also provides monthly post-diagnostic support for clients residing within the Cheshire region. So far, we have held five post-diagnostic support groups which are held in Crewe Library and have been very well attended with some excellent contributors to the group, not to mention the cakes that are provided by Calvin each time (which is one of my favourite reasons for attending).
The dates for our remaining sessions for 2015 are:
- 16 September 2015 between 1pm and 3pm – Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- 21 October 2015 between 11am and 1pm – Co-producing a package of post-diagnostic support
- 25 November 2015 between 11am and 1pm – Coping with Christmas
We are currently setting the dates for our group meetings for 2016 which will be posted on our website in due course.
Our annual conference is just around the corner and we are busy finalising the day’s events. Our programme has been published on our website and we are very much looking forward to hearing Dr Luke Beardon speak along with our question and answer session in the afternoon. This looks to be a very exciting day and we look forward to seeing you there! If you would like to book a place or find out any further information regarding this event please contact Carly on 01244 56 76 56 or email email@example.com.
For clarification purposes I wanted to take this opportunity to update you with the services we provide and for which Clinical Commissioning Group:
- NHS Eastern Cheshire adults aged 16 and above and children aged 12 and above can be referred directly via their General Practitioner with no need to apply for funding.
- NHS South Cheshire adults aged 16 and above can be referred via their General Practitioner. Funding must be obtained prior to an appointment being issued.
- NHS Vale Royal adults aged 16 and above can be referred via their General Practitioner. Funding must be obtained prior to an appointment being issued.
- NHS Salford adults aged 16 and above can be referred via their General Practitioner or Mental Health Practitioner. Referrals must be copied into the Commissioner.
- NHS Stockport adults aged 16 and above can be referred via their General Practitioner. Funding must be obtained prior to an appointment being issued.
We have seen clients from a range of different areas and we would be happy to accept a referral from anywhere in the UK. However, to be seen under the NHS funding must be approved prior to an appointment, with the exception of NHS Eastern Cheshire Clinical Commissioning Group.
We are also happy to accept referrals from private healthcare providers and self-referrals. To arrange an appointment please contact Carly.